Translate

Friday 11 December 2015

THE YEAR GOD DIED!

God's not dead - Newsboys
Anytime you look at the world, what do you see? The troubles or God's firm magnanimity? Do you ever pause to be thankful or just wine about life's silly imperfections?
I think I agree that man's memory is treacherous. So, we need to help remind one another about the need to be grateful to God.

Imagine my shock (and later, lesson) when Zainab(thank you dear) shared with me this piece; The Year God Died!

It reads....

"So God died, and was laid to rest. Then, as expected, hell broke loose.
Satan turned the world upside-down. We ate frogs as food, and it was just one frog a week.
We had no water - not even our urine- for drinking. We drank our tears.
Demons taught us in schools without books. Our classes held in the dark. The sun was nowhere.
Chickens lived longer than children. Corpses were like grains of sand. Death was a friend.
So many more I cannot tell.
Pause. Breathe in. Breath out.
There is no such year. It has not been, and will not be.
My friend, God is not dead. He is still very much in charge!"

The author have a poetic way of awakening gratitude. I greet your imagination.
When I got this, a cord was plucked. Ingratitude to God is too heavy a burden to bear. There's  no better time to be grateful than now. If for nothing, let's thank God for being God!
What will you do with this?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Seriously ingratitude is a burden. Thank You God for everything.

    ReplyDelete